Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- NOTHING to eat or drink including water for eight hours prior to surgery.
- Notify the office as soon as possible for development of “cold” or “flu” symptoms such as a stopped up nose, sore throat, or fever.
- You must have a responsible adult at the appointment to stay with you in the office and drive you home.
- Patients under 18 years of age must have a parent, guardian, or spouse accompany them.
- Patients are advised NOT to wear earrings, hair pieces, tight sleeves, contact lenses, or tight clothing.
- Plan to stay with a responsible adult on the day of surgery.
- Plan to minimize activity for 24 hours and the first few hours after surgery you must not walk without assistance.
- If you are diabetic or are taking medications, please check with our office regarding special instructions. You may need to take some of your medications with a small sip of water.
IF AN APPOINTMENT CANNOT BE KEPT PLEASE NOTIFY OUR OFFICE 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE OR DEPOSIT WILL BE LOST