Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- NOTHING to eat or drink including water for eight hours prior to surgery.
- Notify the office as soon as possible for development of “cold” or “flu” symptoms such as a stopped up nose, sore throat, or fever.
- You must have a responsible adult at the appointment to stay with you in the office and drive you home.
- Patients under 18 years of age must have a parent, guardian, or spouse accompany them.
- Patients are advised NOT to wear earrings, hair pieces, tight sleeves, contact lenses, or tight clothing.
- Plan to stay with a responsible adult on the day of surgery.
- Plan to minimize activity for 24 hours and the first few hours after surgery you must not walk without assistance.
- If you are diabetic or are taking medications, please check with our office regarding special instructions. You may need to take some of your medications with a small sip of water.
IF AN APPOINTMENT CANNOT BE KEPT PLEASE NOTIFY OUR OFFICE 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE OR DEPOSIT WILL BE LOST
For more information, visit our Patient Information page.